Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Technical Info
معلومات فنية

Few days ago I viewed my blog in Internet Explorer for the first time... and it was a disaster: Representation of the Arabic parts do not appear the way they should, although all the text was there. English parts contained pieces of code that are not supposed to appear on the page, and I had to change the code in my previous posts to remove those parts.

I have always viewed this page using FireFox and it looked good. If the choice is between Internet Explorer and FireFox, I would definitly recommend FireFox, especially if you are here to read the Arabic parts. In both cases, you should use the Unicode (UTF-8) character encoding. Not Western, not Arabic, not anything else.

As for the comments, I am using Haloscan. I just changed the comments encoding to Unicode (UTF-8), which will fix a problem with Arabic comments. Now both English and Arabic comments can be up to 2000 characters.

And if you face any problems in browsing my blog, let me know.



منذ بضعة أيام قمت باستعمال مستكشف الانترنت (إنترنت إكسبلورر) لأول مرة مع هذه المدونة وكان المنظر كارثة: الأجزاء المكتوبة بالعربية لا تظهر بالشكل الصحيح، رغم أن النصوص بأكملها كانت موجودة. الأجزاء الانجليزية ظهرت بها السطور تلقيمية لم يكن كن المفروض أن تظهر، واضطررت لإزالة هذه الأجزاء من المقالات السابقة.

أنا دائما كنت أستعمل الثعلب الناري (فاير فوكس) وكان المنظر يخرج بشكل صحيح. إذا كان الاختيار ما بين فاير فوكس وإنترنت إكسبلورر، فأنا أنصح باختيار فايرفوكس. وفي جميع الأحوال، يجب استعمال تشفير
Unicode (UTF-8)
وليس أي نوع آخر من التشفير، ولا حتى عربي.

وبالنسبة للتعليقات، فأنا أستعمل مسح الهالة (هالوسكان)، وقد قمت مؤخرا بتغيير تشفير التعليقات إلى
Unicode (UTF-8)
مما سيحل مشكلة كانت تحدث في حالة كتابة التعليقات بالعربية. الآن التعليقات الانجليزية والعربية يمكن أن يصل حجمها إلى 2000 حرف.

وإذا كانت هناك أي مشكلة في تصفح هذه المدونة فأنا أحب أن أعرف منكم